A single application to rule them all. Install our redirection app to speed up your development and testing process. Any deployed version of your app can be loaded with a click of a button. Let’s take a look at how it is set up.
- OTT Testing App
- at least one testing device (Samsung, LG, Vizio or XBOX)
Deploy App to Device
- You need to be able to push an application to the device of your choice.
- If you can’t do that take a look at the installation guides for a vendor of your device.
- The installation process on XBOX is rather complicated, therefore we assume that you know how to do that if you want to test on XBOX.
- Redirection App for XBOX. Unzip it and deploy it to your device.
- There is almost no setup on Vizio. Just go to Remote Control -> Device Actions -> Launch OTT Testing app.
- If you are running the Redirection App you should see
App: Connected for this device.
- Go to Remote Control -> Device Action -> App Redirection.
- You can enter any URL and the app will load this endpoint.
- We expect you to use an endpoint that has an attached bundle inside of it. That way you can run tests on the device.
- If you redirect to the endpoint without a bundle the redirection will end with an error.
You will be able to set up a webhook that will be triggered by your CI when a new build is ready. This will notify our server about newly deployed versions of your app, allowing you to load the deployed version directly from within the testing app.
This feature is not currently available, but we plan to add it in the future. If you would like to be notified when it becomes available or want to express your interest in it, please contact us at